By Barnard Crespi | April 22, 2012
The MIT Sloan CIO Symposium is proud to announce the Finalists for the 2012 Innovation Showcase. These 10 outstanding companies represent cutting edge B2B solutions that combine both value and innovation to Enterprise IT.
“We are very impressed with these top ten Innovation Showcase finalists, as their technologies demonstrate incredible state of the art thinking to today and tomorrow’s challenges,” said David L. Verrill, Executive Director of the MIT Center for Digital Business, and the Co-chair of the Innovation Showcase. “The Innovation Showcase provides a terrific one-of-a-kind opportunity for these start ups to gain a larger visibility in front of IT executives, key stakeholders, and venture capitalists.”
The 10 finalists are:
- Adaptivity from Charlotte, NC – Adaptivity provides innovative software-based solutions to enable IT transformation including data center evolution, application portfolio rationalization, and cloud enablement.
- Cogent Mobile from Cambridge, MA – Cogent Mobile redefines CRM productivity for field sales professional by leveraging a voice recognition user interface in functional use cases.
- Desktone from Chelmsford, MA – Desktone’s software platform enables Desktops as a Service, offering full-featured Windows virtual desktops delivered from the cloud to any device, including tablets and smartphones.
- eIQNetworks from Acton, MA – eIQnetworks is the only global provider of a unified situational awareness solution serving the largest enterprises around the world.
- Gazzang from Austin, TX – Gazzang provides cloud-based security solutions and operational diagnostics to help enterprises secure big data and maintain performance in the cloud
- LockPath from Overland Park, KS – LockPath’s innovative software provides keen insight by correlating security information from multiple data sources with current regulations and policies to gauge risk.
- Nimbula from Mountain View, CA Nimbula delivers a new class of cloud infrastructure software enabling enterprises to build scalable, highly-automated, secure and easy to use clouds
- Traction Software from Providence, RI Traction TeamPage makes it easy for people to communicate, work together, and stay on top of what’s happening anywhere in their business, including line of business systems or the public Web.
- TwinStrata from Natick, MA TwinStrata, an innovator in cloud-based data storage solutions, offers enterprise-class gateway products that make cloud storage fast, safe and easy to use.
- uTest from Southborough, MA uTest provides in-the-wild testing services that span the entire software development lifecycle – including functional, security, load, localization and usability testing.
Details on the showcase are available at: http://www.mitcio.com/innov.php
The Innovation Showcase will take place at 6:20pm in the Kresge courtyard tent on Tuesday,
May 22, 2012, at MIT, in Cambridge, MA. The full agenda of the MIT Sloan CIO Symposium is
available at www.mitcio.com
Topics: Cloud Computing, innovation, The Latest Word | No Comments »
« Accenture Technology Vision 2012: Emerging Technology Trends for IT Leaders | Home | The Four Technology Trends that are Changing Business. Andrew McAfee, with Martha Mangelsdorf, Editorial Director of MIT Sloan Management Review »